Happy Cinco de Mayo. What better way to celebrate this Mexican Holiday than with Jimmy Buffett's Margarita recipe.
1. Fill shaker with broken cubed ice.
2. Squeeze TWO fresh lime wedges into shaker.
3. Savor the fresh lime aroma
4. Add 2 oz. Cuervo 1800.
5. Sniff the cork.
6. Add 1/2 oz. of Jose Cuervo White if ya wish (white for bite!).
7. Add 1-1/4 oz. of Roses Lime Juice .
8. Add 1/2 oz. of Triple Sec.
9. Add "a splash" of Orange Curaco (shh... secret ingredient).
10. Cover shaker tightly!
11. Shake vigorously.
12. Flip shaker in midair twice (three times if you're a pro).
13. Uncover shaker and savor the flavor!
14. Rim glass with Lime peel (outside only!).
15. Salt the outside only.
16. Add fresh ice.
17. Strain mixture over ice.
18. Squeeze in 1 lime wedge and toss rind over left shoulder.
19. Now kick back, turn up the tunes and enjoy!
Looking for the true Orthodox Church of Jimmy Buffett
Thanks to Eric @ the School of Oceanography
If interested in learning more about the History of Cinco de Mayo